Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Blustery Day and Lightness of Being

It was a blustery day in the Hundred Acre Wood, and what a strange day it was. I found myself this early afternoon at a client's house to get a signature, and we visited for a while out on the patio near a burning chimenea. The wind blew the smoke toward me more often than not, and by the time I left I'm afraid I reeked.

Then I stopped by a house I had just sold to an out-of-towner. The seller had left a pile of brush on the sidewalk, and I thought I would do a kindness and stuff it all in a huge trash bag and haul it away. Well, my hair blew around so much I couldn't see, and the pile of brush was bigger than I'd thought. My heart sank when I realized how long this little project was going to take me, but then an angel from heaven offered to help.

Actually the neighbor walked over and offered me his trash can, which is VERY generous. We have automatic pick-up, and each household has only one --albeit very large -- bin. Being able to stuff the brush in the can made the task so much easier. Thank you kind neighbor!!

Today I feel a lightness that comes from breaking through to the other side of several stressful events. I have multiple contracts, all of which survived repair negotiations and other potential deal-breakers, and closings are on for May. On top of that, Kat's paycheck yesterday was nice and fat with overtime from Easter AND we got our tax return. The tax return will go straight to our credit card.

My parents come in tomorrow to stay with us for a few days. (I can hardly wait as I haven't seen them since Christmas). After their visit, my goal is to dig into finances and see exactly where I am with business expenses and income. I have an idea of where I am, but I haven't been tracking it like I should. That's certainly a necessary first step in assessing this business.

No comments:

Post a Comment