in whose hearts are the roads to Zion.
As they go through the Bitter Valley
they make it a place of springs . . ."
- Nurture all creatures in my care or within my circle of influence
- Create generously and with good energy, resisting the urge to doubt myself and my creative abilities
- Treat writing -- books, blogs, and articles -- as my new business, working at it with as much time and energy as I have given to consulting, volunteering, and other ventures with external deadlines
- Be a good steward of all that has been given -- talents and time, possessions, money, house, and pets
- Strengthen relationships
- Practice hospitality, making our home a welcoming and relaxing place for Kat and me and for others
- Understand the "other side" of an issue and avoid demonizing others
- Defend the absent*
- Carefully consider requests to commit my time, accepting or declining as best fits my values and goals
- Follow through on commitments made to myself and others
- Create habits for prayer and fitness to strengthen the spirit and body
- Live more simply and trust in a caring Providence