Thursday, August 2, 2012

Quitting is Hard to Do

Today -- if I don't lose my nerve -- I will tell my broker that I am leaving real estate. I had hoped to lie low until the end of September, not pursuing leads but perhaps helping people into rentals, which is a short-term sort of thing. As independent contractors, agents aren't required to be in the office, and most of us work from our homes when we're not out in the field. BUT, I had started a 12-week leads-generation class which has five weeks left, and my broker is starting another class for newer agents and wants me to attend. I don't feel right pretending for another two months.

This morning I wrote at length in my journal, working out whether I've made the best decision. I still don't KNOW, but I feel more sure each day. Certain enough to have that talk with my broker, even though I dread it. I've been through much worse than this, so buck up! (I say to myself). The day will pass and evening will fall and Kat and I will have supper together and all will be well.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making the decision. You have to follow your bliss. And if real estate isn't it...then onward and upward. Since you are on Kat's insurance (go domestic partnership benefits!!!!), at least you don't have that to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true about the benefits, and how often will I get the opportunity to even have this kind of choice? Thanks so much Mysti for the cheers!!

    ReplyDelete