Wednesday, September 30, 2015

In My Corner, Singing!

Here I am, back in my little corner of the internet.

"In my own little corner, in my own little chair, I can be whatever I want to be . . ."*

What I am NOT is a meek, mousey girl waiting for her prince to begin living.  (Well, sometimes I do feel mousey).

I digress.

Jane at That Curious Love of Green inspired me with her month long creativity boot camp which starts tomorrow. I jumped in, hoping the community of like-minded people and the short time frame will help me focus. The priority will be the book I'm writing -- a middle grade fantasy. I've made a good start, but I'd like to give it more of my time, which bumps up against time I give to quilting & other projects, friends, home & family, and volunteer work. The juggling continues! We'll see how it goes with some accountability in the mix.

I thought it a good time to re-start my blog. The only major change, for any reader who may be returning, is that I outed myself. Susan is my real name. This used to be Jessie's blog, but Jessie doesn't exist and I found myself, the longer I wrote here, not liking the pseudonym. It just seemed to complicate things, contrary to the goal of living more simply, and was something I did from being afraid of writing for others to see, contrary to the goal of living more bravely. 

I will return tomorrow with a life update and a plan for the month.


*Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella

No comments:

Post a Comment