Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Lovely Distraction

Kat is attending inservice this week and is therefore on daylight schedule — a perfect week for me to increase production. This morning I hit my to-do list hard and managed to:
  • Research and write an article for the neighborhood newsletter;
  • Format, print, and summarize a financial report for a meeting this evening;
  • E-mail various people for last minute information for said meeting;
  • Wash and fold a load of laundry;
  • Play with the dog;
  • Do yoga.

Then right before noon I remembered that today was the day for the Supreme Court decision. I went to scotusblog.com where I spent the next hour reading live blog updates and clicking on news reports from various agencies. Then I went to the Iowa web site to see how much their marriage licenses cost, because suddenly I think Kat and I should get married and start pushing for some federal benefits, like being able to file our federal income taxes jointly, and wouldn’t it be great to be married in the birth state of Capt James T Kirk? Then a couple of friends e-mailed and we went back and forth about how this might affect Kat and me, and then I looked at the time, and it’s four o’clock!! Shoot. So, a very productive half-day, but I’ll give myself a break :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment